Dusts

Dusts

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday: Delays

Usually, if there is a delay in my schedule I would be impatient. If there is a long line in the register, I would be forced to chose another establishment or postpone buying an item. But this particular day, the delays that transpired paved a smoother way for me to handle a crisis.

It is a blessing that I couldn't find some items in the supermarket so I have to browse all the aisles.
It is a blessing that the cashier was new, so she was quite slow in punching the items I purchased.
It is a blessing that the queue in the restaurant we had our lunch was long.
It is a blessing that the van going to our place left just as we arrived at the terminal. So we have to wait for another van.
It is a blessing that it took longer for the van to load more passengers.

Without these delays, I would have difficulty bringing mom to the hospital for an emergency treatment for her asthma attack. We were about to go home, the van is almost full when my mom voiced her wish to be nebulized. I had to rush her to the E.R. because she was really having a difficult time breathing. Being an asthmatic myself, I know how difficult it is to suffer from an attack. That, plus her rheumatic heart condition made it doubly worse for her.

In life we encounter so many "delays". We are disheartened, we get mad. But beyond these delays, are beautiful fruits.

6 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

So true! I hope your mom is well and that you are rested after all of that!

Delays are bells of mindfulness. They are also opportunities to rest for the next challenge!

God bless, and happy BYB Sunday.

Unknown said...

funny how delays sometimes cause even the best of us to blow a fuse

yet sometimes life works that way & like you put it, are indeed blessings in disguise

hope everything turns out well =)

Anonymous said...

I hope your mother is well recovered now.

Funny how delays actually bought you time. Something to remember.

Happy BYB Sunday and have a good week.

Paulie said...

What a positive outlook on this --great post for BYB Sunday. Come see mine.

SandyCarlson said...

Back to say happy BYB Sunday! God bless.

CyberCelt said...

May your delays always contain blessings.