Dusts

Dusts

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Loser?

I received a text message from a former staff and it says “Loser!Haha!” I was taken aback. Am i really a loser?
At the age of thirty, I haven’t done anything significant in my life. I had a good paying job but I gave it up, because I was too stressed with the way things are going in the company. A year after, I was offered simultaneously with two jobs. One offers a higher salary and the position is already top management, the other is supervisory and the pay is meager. And guess which job I chose!. I chickened out. I was not confident with my ability so I settled with the less glamourous and low paying job. And the job I chose cost me an enemy, who calls me a loser without second thoughts
I’m beginning to think that indeed, I am a loser.

BUT I am NOT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's being a loser. You want other things in life - not the positions or the titles. It's just as simple as wanting to live the way you want to. Some people just don't get that.

CyberCelt said...

Love what you do and you will have a much happier life. You will never be a loser as long as you are making the choices in your life--not someone else, drugs, alcohol or mental illness.

All the best.

Marjo said...

I don't think you're that... I mean if you are a loser, then so am I... But we both know we are not, 'coz we have proven to be fighters ever since, right? I did chickened out, too (if that's the term). I was offered positions at AU, Miriam & lately, UB as Director to GC... but my long term plans just don't coincide w/ the offers... so I declined. & always... my family is top priority, & I know you did consider that, too. So making that hard choice is not "chickening-out"... its called responsibility & strength of character! God bless my dearest!