Dusts

Dusts

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Green green grass on my lawn.

I used to think that the grass is greener at the other side of the fence. I have envied a lot of people. Thinking that they are living a better life, a perfect life. But of course, I am wrong.

When I was still working, my life evolved only around my work and my family. I was not able to nurture my relationship with my friends. I would see them in passing, catch a news or two about them, but never really catching up. Lately, I have been reconnecting with old friends. And it amazes me that the perfect life I imagined them to be having is also the same impression that they have on me. Funny.

Indeed, there is no such thing as a perfect life.

We only believe that the grass is greener at the other side of the fence until we learn to appreciate how healthy our lawn looks.

2 comments:

Marjo said...

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Now I got company. Hahaha!!! I thought that way too. That was then. Now I may still feel envious, but girl, I try to count my blessings each time.

SandyCarlson said...

How great that you're finding old friends. That's so important. I think it's true that we all face the same struggles and strive to meet the same needs and to make our loved ones happy! It's wonderful to realize we share these goals!