Dusts

Dusts

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday:My happiness

"Happiness is to joy as an electric light bulb is to the sun. Happiness always has an object, you're happy because of something, it's a condition whose existence depends on external things." from susana tamaro's novel follow your heart.

The softness of my child's skin.
Her laughter.
My husband's voice.
Buffy and her pup's.
Books.
Pencil.
Paper.
Crayons.
Coloring books.
Hot cocoa early in the morning.
Music.
Rain.
Sunlight.
Chirping of the birds.
Words.
Lines.
Cloth.
A warm embrace.
People.

If happiness is a condition that is dependent on external things, then it is a choice to be happy and to stay happy. With or without the things that makes us happy, we can always find happiness somewhere.

Just a few minutes ago I was complaining to my daughter about my stomach ache. And I was caught off guard when she said "Mom, don't mind the pain, just tell yourself you are happy. That's what I do when you won't allow me to play with my friends."

I hope everybody can find their happiness even in little things, just like my six year old kid.

6 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Interesting and wise! Your list reads like a meditation. Your daughter is a sweetie.

A happy heart makes a happy world.

Happy Blog Your Blessings Sunday.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful words from a child.

Happy BYB Sunday.

Paulie said...

Wisdom our of the mouth of babes! You must be doing something right for her to learn that!

Blessings to you and hope you feel better too!

I finally have mine posted.

Anonymous said...

The hardest thing to learn and to teach is: no one can make you angry, you have to allow yourself to be.

I am still working on it...

Blue Panther said...

Your daughter sounds like a wonderful child. Very wise words from her. Hope your stomache went away with that, not to return.

Have a great week ahead!

Marjo said...

Thanks for sharing to me Blog Your Blessings Sunday. I have add it in my blogroll in my blogspot account. Hope you can add that too aside from my CABAnata. Hahahaha!!! Life in a Mirror (http://marjo-lifeinamirror.blogspot.com)

Happiness is indeed something that we should not strive for because it is naturally within us. We just sometimes don't feel it because we always see beyond it. Happiness is not complicated. It is within simple things in life. That oftentimes, its simplicity hinders us from realizing its existence. (o di ba, blog entry na ang comment ko?!)