Dusts

Dusts

Friday, October 12, 2007

Friends

Ever felt like your heart will burst with overflowing emotions? I did. Last night I couldn't contain the emotions in my heart. I was nearly crying in pain, excitement, anxiety, happiness, faith, and only through writing how I feel that I was able to pacify my heart. For some reason, I cannot log in to my account. But this did not stop me from pouring my emotions through words, pen and paper was my lifesaver.

After gathering a lot of courage, I sent a text message to my long lost friend. I was only expecting a text message, but to my surprise, he called. And he called again today.

Ours is a friendship that I believe transcends time, distance and lack of communication. We may not talk or see each other for ages, but in a certain part of my heart, he will always be present.

Our friendship bloomed despite the distance. It was unexpected. But we clicked instantly. one family gathering and my life changed. I am an only child, he has two brothers and no sister. Maybe he completed my yearning for an older brother to look up to, and I, on his wish for a sister to dote on. From the moment we talked, we became inseparable. When their short vacation ended, our friendship still continued. We managed to nurture the budding friendship through letters. We would drift in and out of each others lives, but whenever we find our way back into each other, we also find our friendship stronger than ever. We met other people, fell in love, fell out of love, until we found our one true love, still, in our hearts we remained true friends.

We have so many unspoken questions, untold tales of failure, success, defeat, triumph, stories of our life without one another. With just one "hello" everything went back to its right place, despite the unspoken words.

Welcome back pare, kuya, cousin and my best friend.

No comments: