Dusts

Dusts

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday: Promise Yourself

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can
disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to
every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel like there is
something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your
optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best,
and expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on the
greater achievements of the future
.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give
every living person you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, and too
strong for fear, and too happy to permit the
presence of trouble
.
The Optimist Creed
From The Optimist International

I stumbled on this when I was looking for inspiring stories to get me back on my feet. I hope it could bring you additional energy as it did to me.

7 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

This is wonderful. These words will sustain me in the days to come.

Thank you for being a blessing.

CyberCelt said...

I always wondered what an Optimist did. To have a club of like-minded fellows, what a cool deal.

mrsnesbitt said...

Some very thought provoking ideas and words.
Love the one about success of others...I am therfore celebrating for the person who won £18 million on the lottery! They know where to find me, should they have an urge to share! LOL!

Blue Panther said...

Great words!

Have a great week ahead.

Unknown said...

especially liked the meaningful parts you highlighted in bold

'To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on the
greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give
every living person you meet a smile.'

a good refresher as going thru daily life knowing there has, are & will be challenges daily everyday thrown in my way - sort of already being used to it.

ps. hope you're well back on ur feet now =)

Lynn said...

My first time to hop in here. This post is very inspiring. It put a smile on my face reading this. I also read about your canteen business. Good luck and with positive thoughts and prayers, all is good. :)

Anonymous said...

Optimist Creed by Christian Larson is great affirmations.

If anyone want the PDF version of it, it's available at Your Guidance

The Optimist Creed is nice to have it printed and pasted it on the wall.