Dusts

Dusts

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cusina Ni Tiya (Auntie's kitchen) is now open for business

After five months of dreaming, conceptualizing and budgeting, my little dream is finally turning into a reality. Cusina Ni Tiya had it's soft opening yesterday. I was dead tired when I got home last night that even if I wanted to write how I felt on our first day, I fell asleep after I said goodnight to my little girl.

I was having second thoughts about pushing through with opening a small canteen. I doubted my capability, and I still doubt it now. I am so afraid to fail. Actually, I don't want to fail. Partly because I don't want others to look down on me, but the biggest reason why i don't want to fail, is because if I fail, I would think low about myself again. My greatest critic is also myself.

Initially, I was supposed to open last December 2007. But I was so busy procrastinating.

I read Paulo Coelho's the Zahir, and he wrote something which exactly describes how I felt then..." My dream is now realizable, but if I try and fail, I don't know what the rest of my life will be like; that's why it's better to live cherishing a dream than face the possibility that it might all come to nothing."

I'm trying to realize my dream now. I need all the courage I could extract from my heart to continue realizing my dream.

And the mantra that i keep on reminding myself is "Just believe, and it will happen."

2 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Congratulations on your new venture! That's wonderful. God bless.

Unknown said...

congratulations!! :D

i know it's not easy & a lot of sacrifices have & continue to be needed to be made (still it's pretty darn exciting! ;o)