Dusts

Dusts

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday: Surprises!



I feel so blessed today!

Early this mornig, while serving breakfast in our canteen, one customer approached me and asked where I studied in high school. Incidentally, we went to the same high school but he was already a senior when I was just a freshman. When he was about to go, I asked his family name because I couldn't remember his face, it was then when i realized I was talking to my ultimate crush in high school. He belonged to our school's basketball team and I have been following their games eversince I saw him shoot from the three points area. Well, I was an ugly duckling in high school, and I never thought that he would notice me. But I guess, he did. Uhm, I am not sure if it's because I still look like the ugly duckling then. Nevertheless, he remembered me, and I, did not recognized him.

After attending mass this afternoon, I dropped by the drugstore and I was so thrilled to see one of my bestfriends in highschool! After more than ten years of not seeing each other, I was able to hug her again.

Thank you so much for today. After dreaming for a year (during my high school days) that this ultimate crush would look my way, I was able to confirm that, at least he took notice of me then ( who cares what he thought about me then, at least he took notice of me). And I know in my heart that despite him being my ultimate crush, God gave me someone better, someone who completes me.

Thank you so much for today. After I resigned from my work, I felt sad because I won't be able to see my friends as often as i want to. But I guess, it paved the way back into the arms of my old friends.

This is truly a blessed day. For sure, I will be wearing a smile on my face tonight as I rest my tired my body.

Happy Blog Your Blessings Sunday!

1 comment:

CyberCelt said...

Wonderful story. Most of the hunks in high school are now fat and balding.