Dusts

Dusts

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

An Angel in Disguise?

The number of customers coming in was fewer than the previous days. I was feeling down and thinking that maybe I made a mistake. I was losing confidence again. Then, out of nowhere, an old man passed by our canteen. He appeared to have suffered from a stroke and has difficulty in walking. Then the old man approached me and told me not to mind the people from the other canteen infront of us. They appear to be taunting us for having few customers. But the old man told me not to mind them. And to not say "wala" or nothing/none in english. Saying "wala" is like being dead, because you are giving up already he added. Just persevere and God will help you he said. Then he went on tellng me his life story. Of how he was blinded by power and money,but when he suffered a stroke, he instead thank God for giving him the opportunity to rest his body. He says he does not have much, but he does have strong faith which keeps him alive and able to live day by day.

Isn't this a great coincidence? When I was feeling doubtful, God made sure that I receive encouragement. Not from the people around me, but from someone i don't know.

Which led me into thinking, is he an angel in disguise?

No comments: