Dusts

Dusts

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I welcomed the New Year with a BLAG!

BLAG, not with a bang, because I fell down the stairs in my father in law's home. I was going down the stairs absentmindedly when I heard a couple of "blags" then I found myself on the floor, shock and unbelieving that I fell. My sister in law and father in law rushed to help me, I was hurt but not badly hurt, just shaken from the fall so I wasn't able to move nor speak at once. As I was being helped to my feet, I laughed. I laughed for looking stupid. I had gone up and down that stairs many times during the span of six years. And this is the first time that I fell. But I took the stairs again, this time, with a little care.

Looking deeper, my "fall" is just like the things that happens in our life. When we have grown comfortable with our routine, sometimes we function automatically. Then out of the blue, we take a "fall". We ask how could that happen? We knew perfectly well what to do, just like I know perfectly well how to go up and down the stairs. But still, I fell, and we take a fall every now and then. Either we laughed at it, rise from the fall and take the stairs again, or wallow in despair for looking stupid over a simple task. Even if we are left with bruises, just like the bruises I have on my back and thighs, it will heal, eventually, and we would be as good as before.

A new year for me, a new career soon. Last year I took a "fall" when I quit my job. It was difficult financially, I am bruised. But with the new venture which I hope I could start soon, I will heal, eventually, and all my "bruises" will be gone.

Start the year right, even if it started with a BLAG!

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

SandyCarlson said...

I'm glad you're OK. Those falls can be tough. It's good you had two people there to help you up and watch to make sure you were not badly injured.

May guardian angels accompany you in your next adventure!

Happy BYB Sunday.