Dusts

Dusts

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday: POSITIVE THINKING



I got hold of this very inspiring book "The Amazing Results of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale. I am still on the second chapter when I read a phrase that caught my attention and hit me real hard.

" You must never conclude, even though everything goes wrong, that you cannot succeed. Even at the worst there is a way out, a hidden secret that can turn failure into success and despair into happiness. No situation is so dark that there is not a ray of light."

I am a mother, a wife, a daughter and a listener to all my troubled friends. When some of my colleagues thought of giving up on their job, I have offered them my ears and this philosophy in life, that everything will turn out find, eventually. The words from Peale's book reflected the thoughts that I have been trying to pass on to my colleagues and friends. And guess what, they were able to last longer than I did

Funny. Because while I was so busy sharing this philosophy with them. I forgot to live it.

I am just very lucky to have a husband who maintained his positive outlook in life, despite being bombarded with trials too. I have almost given up so many times. But he always put things into the right perspective, and gave me assurance that everything will turn out find, eventually.

I am truly blessed.

4 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Peale's book is a good source of inspiration. These thoughts along with a loving and supporting husband are indeed great blessings. Thich Nhat Hanh's Peace Is Every Step is also a wonderful book for teaching how to leave in peace, which after all is a kind of hope. God bless.

Paulie said...

Love your comments "name"! Yes, a positive attitude is a blessing indeed! I finally have my photos and blessing up. Blogger gave me a lot of trouble as I tried to do it all night. If you want to see some neat snow photos, come back!

Blue Panther said...

Those words are great words indeed, and one that we should live our lives around.

Have a great week ahead!

CyberCelt said...

Some of the oldest books are the best. That is one of the first self-help books I can remember reading. Thanks for reminding me of it. I could use a recharge.

Your husband has a good soul that shines from his face.